Get to Know Sam
Sam Manzella (she/her) is a GLAAD Media Award-nominated queer writer, editor, and digital producer based in Brooklyn. Her writing and video productions have appeared in Logo, MTV News, Vice, Apartment Therapy, Pride Media, LGBTQ Nation, and more. She was previously an Associate Editor at Logo, Paramount’s LGBTQ brand.
Sam holds a B.A. in Journalism from SUNY New Paltz and is an alum of the American Society of Magazine Editors’ prestigious summer internship program. A proud Gemini and practicing astrologer, she also authors a newsletter called Talk to Me About Astrology.
- Fun’s Some Nights Redefined Pop-Rock—And Reintroduced Jack Antonoff, MTV News
- On Queer Community and Astrology
- 15 Defining Queer Pop Culture Moments of 2021, Logo
- Mel 4Ever Also Wants Justice for Jennifer’s Body, Logo
- Meet the amazing people rewriting the narrative about LGBTQ youth homelessness, LGBTQ Nation
press & appearances
In recent years, cultural critic Sam Manzella pointed out in a dive for Logo’s NewNowNext that paralleling the rise of iced coffee has been its ingrainment in the queer community, writing, somewhat tongue-in-cheekily that today the drink has become to “the queer community what pinot grigio is to suburban wine moms”.What’s the Deal With Ordering Iced Coffee in the Winter?, Smithsonian